Click To Find Out
Click To Find Out
Donate!VOLUNTEERASIFACONTRIBUTEASIFAEXPLORE
LINK TO USASIFAJOIN ASIFAASIFAThanks!

Thursday, December 15, 2005

KLEIN, Bert

This posting is a stub. You can contribute to this entry by providing information through the comments link at the bottom of this post. Please organize your information following the main category headers below....

Birth/Death

Birth:1975

Occupation/Title

Cleanup Inbetweener, Rough Inbetweener, Animator, Supervising Animator, Director, Producer, Instructor- CalArts

Bio Summary

Early Life/Family

"I always drew, and always wanted to be an animator. I grew up in
Glendora, California."

Family
Bert started learning animation at an early age studying in high school under animation teacher Dave Masters.


Education/Training

Career Outline

"I began working professionally at Film Roman on "The Simpsons" at age
15 during the summer breaks. I went back after I graduated high
school, then went to Disney in October of 1993. At Disney I worked my
way up through cleanup to rough inbetweener and then became an
animating assistant ("apprentice"). Eric Goldberg became my mentor on
Hercules, and on that film I was promoted to animator. I left Disney
to work on Looney Tunes: Back In Action as Supervising Animator with
Eric Goldberg directing, and then worked as a digital animator on Lord
of the Rings: Return of the King in New Zealand. Upon returning to the
States I became animation director for Fat Albert at Warner Bros. I am
currently working on an independent short film with my wife, Jennifer
Cardon Klein. We also completed a 5 minute short film called "Boys
Night Out" that we collaborated with Teddy Newton (Pixar) on"

Comments On Style

Influences

Fred Moore, Ward Kimball, Eric Goldberg, Friz Freleng.

Personality

"Ask my wife."

Anecdotes

Anecdotes
Dave Masters, Bert's animation teacher and long time friend says this of his student: "He was the hardest working and most determined student I ever had in my class. He definitely one young animator that continues to "carry the torch" of the "Masters" of the traditional approaches. He can do classic Disney or classic Warner Bros. style without missing a step...yet always with his own personal expressive touch on everything. I couldn't be prouder of anyone that has ever graduated from my class (he's married to another student I'm incredibly proud of... they make up quite a dynamic dou! ha ha!)"

Another great master of animation and one of Bert's mentors, Eric Goldberg, says this of Bert: "Bert klein is one of the greatest CG animators as wall as 2d.

Miscellaneous

Filmography

The Simpsons
The Critic
The Lion King
A Goofey Movie
Pocahontas
Hercules
Tarzan
Fantasia 2000
Mulan
Emperor's New Groove.
Looney Tunes: Back in Action
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Fat Albert the Movie
The Simpsons Movie
Boys Night Out
Founding Father Dogs (in production)

Honors

Related Links

Bibliographic References

BIO-AAA-466

Contributors To This Listing

Josh Reed


To make additions or corrections to this listing, please click on COMMENTS below...

You can contribute to this listing. Click on COMMENTS below to submit information.

2 Comments:

At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home